Beginning in sixth grade, students are required to bring a family-owned laptop to school each day. In order to reduce compatibility problems in the classroom, we have set a list of technical requirements for BYOD computers. Here is a list of those requirements.
- Mac and Windows Laptops only: Tablets and Chromebooks are not among the list of acceptable devices at this time due to compatibility issues with software used in classrooms.
- Wireless AC compatibility. The HCES wireless network requires 5Ghz wireless radio to connect. Please make sure your computer is capable of communicating on a Wireless AC network.
- Operating System: Mac OS 10.11 "El Capitan" (& newer) and Windows 8.1 (& newer).
- RAM (memory) 8GB
- Storage (Hard drive) Solid State Drive is recommended because of superior speed and reliability.
- Screen: 11 inch or larger.
- USB Port: Must have one or an adapter for one.